Monday, January 26, 2009

"The Christian Anthem" by Lee Behnken

I first came across this song by Lee Behnken back in 1998. In fact, I've seen Lee play live on two different occassions during one of his visits here in the Philippines.

This particular song cuts me to the heart. It is timely, given the global economic crisis and the recent appointment of the new U.S. president, the one chiefly tasked with the alleviation of the aforementioned burden. It reminds me that no nation can ever continue to stand and prosper, in the ultimate sense of these two words, apart from submission to the sovereignty of God and His Word.



4 comments:

  1. Wow! I used to live near Cincinnati, Ohio, close to where Lee is from. I would sometimes hear his songs on a radio station based in Dayton. His song, "Your first love," cut through the cloud of confusion that surrounded me during my wilderness wandering years. I couldn't stop crying when I heard that song, no matter how far I strayed from God. If I told you how disobedient I was during those years, you would be amazed that I ever returned to the Lord. But drawing grace is a powerful thing. The most powerful thing in the universe, I think. And that song helped to bring it home to me - and me home to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Derek,

    I know where you're coming from. Lee's songs have seen me through some tough times as well.

    But I'm not at all surprised at the depths you were picked up from by the Lord. It is just His "style" to humble beforehand those whom He would later exalt.

    Thanks for dropping by, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is smarmy crap that justifies a sense of right-wing Christian privilege akin to white privilege. It's a shame he doesn't know what good taste is, as he has a good voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thanks for that comment Gregory. I'm the man who made that video for Lee. I'm glad you think it is "crap", and "smarmy" at that. You are entitled to your opinion as am I. Jesus loves you just the same. I pray you hear His voice....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails