Sunday, February 22, 2009

Soul, You Wait


Isaiah 30:15
For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength."

Isaiah 30:18
Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.

Isaiah 40:31
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 49:23
"...Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who wait for me shall not be put to shame."

Isaiah 64:4
From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him.

Psalm 25:3
Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame; they shall be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.

Psalm 25:5
Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

Psalm 25:21
May integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for you.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

Psalm 37:7
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!

Psalm 37:9
For the evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.

Psalm 37:34
Wait for the Lord and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land; you will look on when the wicked are cut off.

Psalm 52:9
I will thank you forever, because you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly.

Psalm 62:5
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.

Psalm 130:5
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;

5 comments:

  1. Great texts, and I find that waiting for redemptive change is hard, particularly in the arenas where we might have to wait for decades, for example, in our marriages, with our children, in a career, with health issues, and the like. I just finished reading "Tortured for Christ" by Richard Wurmbrand, who was in solitary confinement in a communist prison for three years. You talk about waiting: Unfathomable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we wait upon God, we glorify Him by expressing the fact that we are not in control and HE IS.

    Patience is fruit of the Spirit's presence in a person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, again, brother for the gracious washing with the Word of God. I didn't get to your post until this morning...God is wonderful in His providence. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro. Tim,

    It was Piper's sermon on battling the unbelief of impatience that first served as a healing balm to my soul, which then prompted me to look up more of God's promises of favor on those who wait on Him.

    This was at a time when I was seeking the Lord for peace over a host of anxieties.

    Indeed, in Christ, we have everything.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails