Friday, February 25, 2011

You Are Not the Gospel!

A well-meaning family friend of ours, whom we've known since I was little and who still attends the Pentecostal church where we used to attend, remarked one day when we had a chance to talk that God wants His children to be materially prosperous so that the unbelievers would get attracted to their lives and begin to desire God as well.

I didn't get to correct her (I think she's as old as my mother or so), but her sentiments are indeed indicative of the predominant view among so-called "evangelicals" (and increasingly among those in the Reformed camp!) that our lives can act in the capacity of the Gospel.

Dr. Michael Horton corrects this false notion below:


1 comment:

  1. The blasphemous abuses in Pentecostalism and Charismatic circles are, indeed, impressive. I remember a dude telling a girl that God told him that he was suppose to marry her... now, that's what I call spiritual courtship!
    -Tim

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails