Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Early Morning Brokenness


Ps 5:3
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

Ps 143:8
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

How can a new day be started pure? By being at once in the mode of repentance and humility as consciousness dawns. It is being antagonistically aware of the various sinful thoughts that now seek realization, and beseeching God for the mercies, fresh everyday, that will gird oneself against early-morning disobedience. It is being on one's knees before God, with a lowly heart, asking Him for the grace to be able to put a smile on His face. God, beholding the soul hungry and thirsty for righteousness, is faithful and will satisfy this holy desire that burns in the heart of every child of God.

May we offer the Lord a broken and contrite heart every morning. Be assured that this, in no way, will He despise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails